Mum and I went to my cousin's for his house warming today. He just bought a condominium - the first home purchase for his family - so I headed over to celebrate this milestone achievement with the extended family (an opportunity to gather with everyone and catch up on things).
On a side note, the property market in Singapore is 'crazy' (and it will get worse)! My cozy 3-bedroom humble abode is already more than half a million when I bought it last year. My cousin's 3-bedroom home is slightly past the 1 million mark!
My cousin used to work at the mortuary (he was even interviewed by the local press)! He is now lecturing at a local university. He just got back from a conference in Germany, learning about the latest technology on embalming! Morbid, I know but it would make for interesting conversations later.
Through conversations, I learn a lot about life and one's character just from the way he/she talks about his/her profession - the struggles, sacrifices, and challenges that comes with the achievements. You've come a long way and I'm proud of you, kid! ❤

No comments:
Post a Comment